Homemade buttermilk biscuits fresh out of the oven are always a hit around here. They are good with butter, honey and of course sausage gravy. You may think they are challenging to make but truthfully, they are quite quick and easy to make.
So, gather up your ingredients and give it a try. 🙂
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
8 tablespoons cold butter butter, cubed
rolling pin if desired
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Cut butter into mixure until it begins to look like cornmeal.
My grandma taught me to make a well with the dry ingredients so that is the next step. 🙂 Make a well and add the milk into it. Knead the dough. The mixture will be sticky. Roll out the dough onto floured surface. You can use your hands to pat out the dough to your desired thickness or you can roll with a rolling pin. Cut with a biscuit cutter.
Butter the bottom of a baking dish and arrange biscuits so that they are touching. When they are touching this helps them to get as tall as possible and keeps the sides soft. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Thanks for stopping by. I have not posted for a long time and for that I apolgize!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- rolling pin
- biscuit cutter
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut butter into mixture until it resembles cornmeal.
- Make a well with the dry ingredients and add milk.
- Knead the dough.
- Roll out the dough to desired thickness onto a floured surface.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Butter the bottom of a baking pan and arrange biscuits so they are touching.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.